Evodia Consulting is looking for a SC Cleared Senior Developer to work on a task in Croydon. This is a 2 year contract, with a day rate of £500 OUTSIDE IR35.
You must have an active SC Clearance to apply for this task.
To work in the data services and analytics on a Search & Analytics product providing services to the Home Office customers.
The Developer will be the technical lead as part of a core product team. The developer will need good communication skills and be self motivated to deliver core services.
Who you will work with
A multi-disciplinary agile team including User Researcher, UX designer, Junior developers, data scientists, tester, dev ops, infrastructure, and product manager.
What you will do
- Development of existing Search & Network Visualisation tool.
- Key enabling activities include;
- Refactoring front end code from Angular to REACT
- Refactoring data ingestion pipeline to process streamed data
- Enhance ability to perform increased analytical querying of the graph database
- Add new capabilities into the tool in line with user feedback, including;
- bug fixes,
- enhancements to usability,
- accessibility enhancements,
- and features (such as search with name synonyms, network timebar filter, interactive help sections, add new data feeds)
- Support junior members of the team
Skills and Experience Required
Essential skills and experience
- Expertise in node.js with a commitment to writing clean code and comprehensive, clear tests
- Experience of Elasticsearch and/or Graph databases
- Experience in CI/CD Pipelines, especially with Kubernetes
- Understanding of web services (particularly REST), their pitfalls and best practice
- Demonstrable significant experience of Agile ways of working
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience in supporting all aspects of user story development including analysis, testing and deployment
- Experience of the Government Digital Service’s Design Principles and Digital Service Standard and its application to internal products and services.
- Some experience of supporting live systems