Evodia is looking to source for its Government Client a Scientific Software Engineer who is eligible to hold a SC Clearance.
The role has been assessed as inside the scope of IR35.
DSTL is standing up a capability to use the US Air Force's AFSIM (Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration and Modelling), designed to allow the user to understand potentially complex interactions within a system of systems.
The framework is capable of representing entities, behaviours, interactions and a range of other characteristics, across multiple domains and with varying levels of fidelity. Dstl has limited experience in using the modelling framework, so is seeking experienced software developers to kick-start the capability and provide a firm bedrock on which to develop this capability over the next few years.
The main focus of effort will be assessing the ability of AFSIM to represent tactical aviation (helicopters, UAS and other rotorcraft) operating in Contested, Degraded and Operationally Limited (CDO) environments and then developing a series of vignettes within AFSIM to allow concept testing. Training on the software will be provided.
The developer will be required to advance the internal Dstl capability to model helicopters, UAS and other rotary wing platforms carrying out aviation tasks within a complex battlespace through use of AFSIM or other equivalent modelling frameworks. Support is required in using AFSIM/NGTS to develop a range of vignettes within which to test various aviation concepts.
1) Assessment of the frameworks for aviation modelling to include:
- ·1.1) Assessment of LOS model
- ·1.2) Assessment of ground clutter representation
- ·1.3) Assessment of ability to represent Low Ambient Light Operations
2) Development of a number of vignettes within AFSIM/NGTS, to include:
- ·2.1) A range of threat systems, including optical, IR and RF threats
- ·2.2) Representations of current aviation platforms / capability and the validation of platform performance against known data
- ·2.3) A representation of a range of novel concepts, including platform, sensor and C2.
- ·2.4) Creation of a range of low-order AIs to represent behaviours and decision trees.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A strong software development background, including Object Oriented (OO) design, preferably with some experience of C#.
- The development framework in use is a custom language with close similarity to C# and uses an OO approach.
- Evidence will be required of applying the systems engineering approach to a software problem, including version control, V&V and requirements capture/setting.
- STEM or equivalent degree
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Desirable Experience of working in the defence sector Analysis experience
- Knowledge of rotorcraft
- Understanding of C2 links
- Knowledge of aviation tactics
- Awareness of enemy threat systems
Evodia is acting as an Employment Business for this opportunity.Apply now >