Evodia Consulting is looking for a SC Cleared User Researcher. The task can be completed remotely. The contract is 45 days plus optional additional 15 days, with a day rate of £550 outside IR35.
User researcher for Beta phases of the Request a Service Record Project. Responsible for identifying user needs and influencing service design to meet them. Will work closely with project team to iterate the service and to ensure compliance with the Government Digital Service Standard.
Who you will work with
The user researcher will support the service manager to ensure that MOD meets its business objectives for enhancing access to historic military services records
The user researcher will join a team which includes Service Manager, Delivery Manager, Technical Architect, Developer and Solutions Architect.
The User Researcher will be expected to work with Subject matter experts from MOD Disclosure Branches, Policy Leads and members of the public including key user groups for example, genealogists.
What you will do
MOD is looking a user researcher to assist improving access to historical military service records via www.gov.uk. The role is required to; identify and engage users (including assisted digital users); develop and exploit user stories, work closely with a Developer and project team to iterate and test prototypes with users and service delivery organisations feeding into product iterations through Beta product development cycles, ensure compliance with Government Digital Service Standards. The work is to include integration of www.gov.uk/notify and www.gov.uk/pay into the service and creation of a search facility for records data.
Skills and Experience Required
Essential skills and experience
- Experience of agile working alongside a developer and technical architect using centred design practices to ensure user stories and user research are at the heart of product design.
- Proven ability to design services to meet valid user needs including planning, designing and conducting usability testing of prototypes.
- Experience of mapping user journeys.
- Excellent written and verbal communication including strong negotiation skills and the ability to influence external partners, suppliers and stakeholders.
- Experience creating and delivering workshops.
- Experience using analytics, research and insights to make improvements that meet user needs.
- Experience Delivering outputs in line with Government Digital Service Standard and assessment process.
- Ability to Identify users and potential users of specific, niche services in the public domain (particularly those similar to military service records service) and securing their participation in user research.
- Experience identifying assisted digital users and engaging them to ensure the service is designed to enable maximum digital take up.
- Proven ability to update user needs and user stories throughout the cycles of iterative product development to feed into prototype development and influence product direction