Evodia Consulting is looking for a SC Cleared Technical Architect. The task can be completed remotely. The contract is 45 days plus optional additional 15 days, with a day rate of £700 outside IR35.
Technical architect for Beta phases of the Request a Service Record project. Responsible for ensuring services meet Government Technology Code of Practice and Government Digital Service Standard, supporting development of service prototypes. Integration of gov.uk/pay and gov.uk/notify and establishing a tool to search record data.
Who you will work with
The technical architect will support the service manager to ensure that MOD meets its business objectives for enhancing access to historic military service records via WWW.GOV.UK.
The technical architect will join a team which includes Service Manager, Delivery Manager, developer and user researcher.
The technical architect will be expected to work with technical SMEs from within MOD to ensure compliance with internal and external standards.
What you will do
MOD is seeking a Technical Architect to assist improving access to historical military service records via www.gov.uk. The role will support iterative development of the Alpha prototype through private and public Betas ensuring readiness for live service. Key tasks include supporting development of a search tool and integration of gov.uk/pay and gov.uk/notify services. The Technical Architect will be expected to: Produce technical and solutions architectures compliant with the Government Digital Service Standard. Define non-functional requirements and dependencies. Identify and document technical and security risks and issues and mitigation actions. Knowledge transfer to DBS staff.
Skills and Experience Required
Essential skills and experience
- Experience working alongside a user researcher and developer using user centred design practices to ensure user stories and user research are at the heart of product design.
- Proven ability to design services to meet valid user needs including consultation on design and production of design patterns.
- Adhere to agreed project delivery standards ensuring outputs and deliverables are fit for purpose.
- Have a demonstrable experience liaising with external and internal items to ensure timely provisioning and implementation of quality, scalable and secure technical solutions.
- Proven experience in use of service-based technologies such as SOAP, RESTful APIs, XML messaging and JSON.
- Proven ability to undertake structured analysis into technical designs that describe a solution.
- Experience Delivering outputs in line with GDS standards and assessment process.
- Experience of deploying and building web applications on Cloud Foundry using buildings and the CLI.
- Experience of working using Agile Methodology.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Understanding of Government Digital Service design principles.
- Experience designing services for GOV.Uk.
- Experience working in multidisciplinary agile terms.