Evodia Consulting is looking for a SC Cleared Developer. The task can be completed remotely. The contract is 45 days plus optional additional 15 days, with a day rate of £550 outside IR35.
Developer for the Beta phases of the request a service record project. Responsible for developing service prototypes, integrating gov.uk/pay and gov.uk/notify and establishing a search tool for record data in line with the Government Digital Service Standard and Government Technology Code of Practice.
Who you will work with
The developer will be expected to work with Subject matter experts from MOD Disclosure Branches, Policy Leads and members of the public including key user groups for example, genealogists.
What you will do
MOD is seeking a Developer to improve access to historical records. The developer will support the service manager to ensure that MOD meets its business objectives for enhancing access to historic military service records via www.gov.uk
The developer will join a team which includes Service Manager, Delivery Manager, Technical Architect, user researcher and Solutions Architect.
Skills and Experience Required
Essential skills and experience
- Experience working alongside a user researcher and technical architect using user centred design practices to ensure user stories and user research are at the heart of product design.
- Proven ability to design services to meet valid user needs including planning, designing and conducting usability testing of prototypes.
- Proven experience in use of service-based technologies such as SOAP, RESTful APIs, XML messaging and JSON.
- Experience of working using Agile Methodology
- Experience Delivering outputs in line with the Government Digital Service Standard, Government Digital Service Design Manual and Government Technology Code of Practice and assessment process
- Experience of deploying and building web applications on Cloud Foundry using buildpacks and the CLI.
- Experience of deploying products to meet the needs of assisted digital users to ensure the service is designed to enable maximum digital take up.
- Proven experience of iterative product development based on user needs and stories.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Understanding of Government Digital Service design principles
- Experience designing services for GOV.UK
- Experience working in multidisciplinary agile teams