Evodia Consulting is looking for a PEGA environment QA and Test Manager to work on a task in London. Travel to other sites in the UK will be required on occasion. This is an 8 - 12 month contract, with a maximum day rate of £650. We assume this task falls outside IR35.
HRA's programme is to deliver an integrated single platform for research applications approval, supporting Clinical Trials and all research applications. This involves replacement and upgrade of all the HRA research systems, including the core applications, HARP and IRAS. The programme uses the PEGA platform to deliver the required functionality changes
Who you will work with
The HRA has a team of staff consisting of a Scrum Master, Programme Manager, Resourcing Manager, Product Managers, Testers and SMEs (subject matter experts). There are also a number of partners with PEGA knowledge having competencies around PEGA Business Architect and System Architects.
What you will do
The role is tasked with the overall responsibility for the delivery of testing and quality activities for the programme. The role involves delivering quality and test advocacy, cyber security planning, resource planning and management, and resolution of issues that impede the test effort as well as dealing with audits and closing recommendations swiftly and in a robust manner. The role also acts as the function’s Security Officer. The post will ensure the appropriate planning and management of the test resources.
Skills and Experience Required
Essential skills and experience
- Deep knowledge of the PEGA platform
- Knowledge of software QA practices & testing, procedures and tools, particularly in relation to PEGA.
- Experience of Agile, Scrum / PRINCE2 project management, as well as IT projects and complex implementations of new systems in a varied environment across political and organisational boundaries
- Design of interfaces, physical and virtual servers, networks, firewalls, proxy and web servers
- Background in IT operations and service management , ideally both as a supplier and a customer
- TIL v2 or v3 Service Management, Support or Practitioner training, including detailed knowledge of the Service Desk, Change and Config functions
- Specialist skills in resourcing and planning across a variety of specialist resource types and be hands on as well as management
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Development of test strategy and execution. To develop and deliver a regression test strategy and automated testing. Knowledge of simulated testing.
- Experience of software configuration control techniques and systems.
- Proven experience in Systems Testing environment.
- Experience of the development and management of product and services roadmaps to ensure area of responsibility remains fit for purpose.
- Experience of delivering digital transformation in a complex organisation with multiple stakeholders.
- Cybersecurity expertise
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Automated testing experience
- Experience with the development of user documentation
- Experience of developing governance processes / operational processes in an IT setting
- Knowledge of web-based applications and web services
- Experience of systems analysis, software development lifecycles and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- 10 or more years broad, professional as well as technical work experience at management level in an IS / IT environment including line management expertise
- Proven experience in managing IT services to maximise the business benefits and the application of technology to transform business functions.
- Experience of contract management of suppliers to deliver to time, quality and cost specifications.
- Experienced at promoting QA throughout the development lifecycle
- Experience of shaping user stories.
- Experience of IT projects and complex implementations of new platforms and systems in a varied environment in a Regulatory environment
- Experience of Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)