Evodia Consulting is looking for a SC Cleared Modelling and Simulation Developer to work on a task remotely i.e at home, with occasional travel required to Fareham. This is a 12 month contract, with a day rate of between £400-£450 outside IR35.
Dstl Command Lab initiative aims to support Future Operations Room concepts. This work is focused to develop the synthetic environment including required simulation components, CMS Emulator and operator GUI outputs to provide an Initial Operating Capability (IOC). Open standards and interfaces shall be implemented to interoperate with other simulation engines.
Who you will work with
Dstl Command Lab Management-Committee (CMC) consist of management, commercial and technical partners.
Dstl SMEs consist of technical experts in the area and independant reviewers.
What you will do
- Develop the Synthetic Environment and required simulation components in a VBS3 Simulation Engine
- Develop a Combat Management System Emulator linked to the Simulation Engine
- Develop operator GUI outputs to display CMS information
- Operator GUI outputs similar to Type 23 platform display and controls consisting mainly of low fidelity sensor detection information
- Generate progress and technical reports of all development work
- Maintain a log of bug fixes
- Support to capability growth beyond the Initial Operation Capability
- Support to the architecture and interoperability of the capability using open interfaces such as DIS protocols
Skills and Experience Required
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrate the breadth, depth and a track record of experience in gaming engine and / or modelling and simulation environment development work.
- Have fundamental knowledge and experience of configuring synthetic environment and entities including open simulation interface protocols used to link with other real-time / synthetic emulators and simulation engines.
- Use technical expertise to identify the required fidelity of simulation components in the SE to achieve requirements.
- Demonstrate in their bid a clear technical plan, methodology, evidence based approach and scope of work that would lead to the requirements being achieved.
- Demonstrate experience in gaming engine and / or modelling and simulation from a user's perspective.
- Basic level of understanding / experience with VBS3 SDK (Software Development Kit) and modular C plug-in architecture.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Previously developed military operator GUIs for decision making HMI experiments.
- Have basic knowledge and understanding of maritime C2 systems and a typical RN warship's Combat Management System.