The Environment Manager role sits within IT Operations and is the single point of contact for all development and test environment planning. The Environment Manager works with Architects, Designers, Delivery Managers, Test Managers and other project personnel to agree environment specification documents and any environment delivery plans. The Environment Manager will also work with 3rd parties/suppliers to facilitate test environment solutions.
Environment solutions cross a wide range of technologies in use at the IPO, both on-premise and on-cloud. Along with experience in at least some of these technologies, the role requires the development of a strong understanding of IPO applications and business processes.
In addition to the primary role, flexibility to undertake additional duties is required, including:
- Co-ordinating the resolving of support requests (incidents and service requests)
- Assisting engineers from various teams in diagnosing issues
- Regular knowledge and skills transfer
- Service transition
- Analyse and understand customer requirements and assist the customers with the detailed planning in order to facilitate the agreement and sign off of an Environment Specification Document.
- Establish professional and co-operative working relationships with peers within IT and with suppliers to ensure customer’s needs and priorities are understood and their experience is a positive one.
- Manage the relationship with suppliers of environments in order to facilitate test environment solutions.
- Maintain the plan of current and future environment usage and resolve arising conflicts.