Evodia Consulting is looking for an eIDAS Technical Consultant. This task can be conducted remotely, and will be a total of 46 days per year over a 2 year period. The maximum day rate is £900 outside IR35.
- Stakeholder engagement; working with the Head of Assurance and others to represent ICO ensuring that our stakeholder engagement on eIDAS is technically informed
- Review and maintenance of QTSP processes
- Horizon scanning
- Breach reporting; contribute when any relevant breach of security or loss of integrity concerning a trust service is reported
Who you will work with
This role will sit within the Assurance department, responsible for Codes and Certificates.
What you will do
The ICO are looking to enhance our technical capabilities in the area of electronic identification and trust services. We want to recruit a specialist contractor to serve as the ICO’s subject matter expert for associated standards relating to electronic signatures, qualified digital certificates, electronic seals, timestamps and other authentication mechanisms.
Reporting through our assurance team but working closely with other teams such as Investigations, Tech Policy, Advice Services and others you will be the ICOs principal technical contact on eIDAS - ensuring that relevant timely guidance is provided as necessary to effectively conduct our role as UKs eIDAS Supervisory Body.
Skills and Experience Required
Essential skills and experience
- Degree or relevant professional qualification (preferably in computer science or related subject) or relevant work experience demonstrating that level
- Significant experience in a technology post such as research, development, testing, network architecture, software or system administration or cybersecurity
- Up to date, expert knowledge of current trends and practices relating to the use of digital signatures, digital certificates, electronic seals, timestamps and other authentication mechanisms
- Knowledge of trust service concepts and practices
- Knowledge of threat and risk assessment processes and practices, as applied to information security
- Excellent analytical and research skills demonstrating an ability to identify emerging IT issues and technologies.
- Good verbal communication and presentation skills including the ability to explain technical matters to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Ability to travel to meetings and events in the UK and overseas (possibly outside office hours).
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Substantial relevant experience in the field of trust services or electronic identification