Evodia Consulting is looking for a DPS Programme Advisor to work on a task in Corsham. This is a 12 month contract with a possible extension, and has a day rate of £850 outside IR35. You must have an active DV Clearance for this task.
Develop strategies for the NSoIT(D) and ISG programmes within DPS to enable it to transition to a service delivery organisation, offering strategic advice and direction up to senior stakeholders. Develop the artefacts to support both programmes in the submission of their respective Business Cases.
Who you will work with
The specialist will work with a variety of Civil Servants, Military Personnel and contractors and subject matter experts within ISS.
What you will do
To support strategic planning for two programmes; New Style of IT (Deployed) (NSoIT(D)) Programme and Interoperability Services and Gateways (ISG). Contribute to development of key programmatic and service oriented policies. Development and circulation of the NSoIT(D) Breakpoint Note and the ISG Business Cases including a Main Gate Business Case.
Skills and Experience Required
Essential skills and experience
- Experience of developing coherent Information Notes, Review Notes, Initial and Main Gate Business Cases including circulation and obtaining approval (15%)
- Senior stakeholder experience, both Civilian and Military stakeholders, including MOD Scrutiny and Assurance resulting in a productive working relationship (15%)
- Experience of strategic planning and managing technically complex large-scale IT projects and programmes (10%)
- To have a full understanding of the operating environment within Defence (10%)
- To have a full understanding of gateway technology (10%)
- Experience of large-scale programme transformation from project delivery to service delivery (10%)
- Experience of providing advice and guidance to aid decision-making to senior management level Programme Boards and Programme Executives (5%)
- Understand the workings of ISS and MOD approvals process (5%)
- Experience in coaching to the project and programme teams to enable them to work more effectively hence improving overall efficiency (5%)
- Experience of developing service-oriented policies (5%)
- Experience of maximising operational benefit when balanced against VFM (5%)
- Experience of strategic planning of programme budgets to ensure best value is delivered and accurate forecasts can be made (3%)
- Must have detailed understanding of standard project management principles and techniques (e.g. APM, MSP, Prince2, PMI) (2%)
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Have an MSc level education
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity