Evodia Consulting is looking for a Database Administrator/Architect to work on a task in London. This is a 6-9 month contract with the ability to extend for up to 2 years, with a maximum day rate of £440 outside IR35. This task requires SC clearance, the client will sponsor this process.
A Mainframe Database Administrator/Architect is required to support existing BAU team with the support of ADABAS/Natural databases/programming language, This includes production environment and related functions in Hendon Data Centre.
Who you will work with
Will need to engage with members of the PNCS – Stakeholders (PNC Technical teams, development team, Service managers and programs and projects). To deliver some of the DBA/design work, external stakeholder engagement should be expected.
To deliver some of the design work, external stakeholder engagement should be expected.
Majority of work will be hand on and working within DBA team.
What you will do
Databases on Mainframe (Administration of ADABAS, Natural Predict on Mainframe on BS2000 Fujitsu platform).
Skills and Experience Required
Essential skills and experience
- Extensive experience in the use of database technologies Adabas/ Natural/ Predict and the manipulation tools / techniques that these encompass.
- Knowledge/experience of Natural Administration on Mainframe.
- Extensive Knowledge/Experience in ADABAS database administration on Mainframe.
- Knowledge/experience of managing of Natural objects.
- Demonstrable ability in the design of technical solutions for Database implementation by a third party within the last two years.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- An understanding of Police database systems and the complexities around the need for fast resolution of incidents and comprehensive investigations in an escalating environment.
- Knowledge of Mainframe Computing – Unix/Linux/Windows.
- Knowledge/experience in the design, configuration, migration and upgrade of databases as part of a large project.
- Previous use of ITIL methodology for BAU activities.