Line 269 - Data Modeller
As a Data Modeller you will be working within the MI & Data Team to provide the business requirements analysis and data modelling capability for a Data Warehousing DevOps team, using predominantly Oracle technologies. During the early technical Transformation phase, you will work closely with the prime contractor resources, to ensure that the service transformation strategy and contractual requirements are being met.
- Transform complex business structures, processes and activities into documented process and data models.
- Provide technical support at the data model layer for other team members to assist with incident and problem resolution
- Work closely with service owners, end users, technical teams and other SME’s to understand the requirements and document a suitable solution
- Establish and maintain business models of the data holdings data and integrations using standard ERD modelling methodologies
- Establish and maintain a business glossary and data dictionary for the data holdings, which establishes the content, structure, security profile, location, lifecycle and business rules of the data sets
- Provide data modelling analysis and design to extend the data warehouse and transform the data into usable data views
- Design, build and support scalable, high performance data applications, repositories and data governance related applications
- Design, document and implement logical and physical data models for the reporting data model and input to the staging and source data model design
- Provide fully documented solutions that can be used by technical teams and business owners alike
- Work closely with fellow delivery team members and the Contractor to design ETL extensions
- Manage equivalent, separate data sets across a series of development and staging environments
- Help mentor less experienced team members in data product development.
- Delivery / maintenance of Oracle EBS at technical/functional level
- Hands-on delivery projects for data migrations, data warehouse builds, data lakes or Big Data platforms
- Strong practical understanding of enterprise level data sets for HR, Payroll, Pensions
- Proven ability to evaluate business specifications and to design the data solutions to support that
- Provide technical guidance to other members of the project or delivery teams
- SC or capable of acquiring security clearance.
- Entity relationship diagrams – presenting data sets
- Understand the business requirement, coax information from users and turn that into a workable use of the data
- Working with the civil service staff. Mentoring and supporting people.
- e- business suite -technical/ functional skills – oracle – payroll and HR
- Enterprise reporting skills – come in with a pre-built knowledge of how the generic products and data models in place
This role is a Re-vend. Candidates have been interviewed and this is the feedback from the hiring manager on those interviewed.
- They were, in the main, general IT consultants with some data modelling roles in the past – but data modelling/data stewardship had not been a primary role.
- Answers to specific questions were given from their historic assignments (5 or more years ago). This aged experience of some technology and / or capabilities was not particularly detailed and given the rate of change in these areas did not suit the position. We really do need candidates to “hit the ground running”. We do not have time to train consultants.
- Although knowledge/experience of ORACLE eBS and data toolsets were requirements the candidates generally struggled to evidence recent practical experience of working with these technologies.
- Knowledge transfer is important and many of the candidates struggled to explain simplistic data principles and concepts.
Inside IR35 - Please note that the client has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
In order to undertake this role, you will need to be eligible to undergo Security Clearance or hold Security Clearance.
Evodia Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.Apply now >