- Achieve the annual retained and new sales targets for the specified territories by maximising sales of Clarivate Analytics Government & Academia products increasing market penetration. Defend market share against competition.
- With the Regional Sales Manager, develop a strategic territory plan (to include marketing, customer training, sales support services etc).
- With the Regional Sales Manager, devise a strategy to leverage various accountabilities, i.e. renewal rates, net new business forecasts, pipeline management, quote management etc.)
- Nurture the customer relationship to the highest standard and assist in developing the overall customer relationship management strategy to be implemented across all markets and accounts.
- To manage the overall business through Salesforce.com CRM system and ensure pipeline currency is maintained and timely, using this to report up to management as required.
- Collaborate both strategically and tactically with the Regional Sales Manager to optimise regional penetration.
- Ensure that all customer contact on the specified accounts is fast, efficient and knowledgeable.
- Substantial travel in the territory will be required, with a minimum of 50% time being customer facing
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager on a permanent or temporary basis.
- London based is preferred or remotely within the UK
Scope and Impact:
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team Clear customer focus and ability to clearly translate market feedback to the business In charge of account management and upselling existing customers as well as finding new ones The typical customers are represented by research office management, library staff, etc
Technical / Professional Skills & Competencies:
- Established and proven sales and key account management experience – Minimum of 3 years’ experience required
- Advanced skills in negotiating, sales processes and closing deals
- Advanced presentation /public speaking skills
- Solid understanding of sales processes and negotiation skills
- Sound understanding of the library/academic information industry with experience of selling in the information industry
- Adept at pipeline management
- Exposure to sales activities through distributors/agents and consortia and channel
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Can set priorities and be flexible in a changing environment
Additional characteristics include:
- High level of professionalism and ability to lead by example
- Excellent writing, presentation, and overall communication skills
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Fluent in English (corporate language)
- Any additional language (Spanish, French or German) will be considered a plus
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Positive energetic approach
- Focusing on Customers
- Collaborating across teams
- Building Talent
- Bias toward helpful action