Reporting to the Commercial Manager, and working closely with the resourcing, sales, project control and financial teams, you will be responsible for managing the contractual relationships with both customers and suppliers across a variety of projects.
You will have a good understanding of commercial best practice and be able to confidently manage the commercial contracts process from cradle to grave. You will provide commercial input for tenders, assist with the preparation of ITTs for our supply chain, prepare and negotiate contracts and other contractual agreements across the business.
You will evaluate and prepare responses to various customers' enquiries including review of customer terms and conditions, and advise internal stakeholders on the associated contractual and commercial aspects and risks. You will liaise with new and current customers during the bid and contract phase.
You will also draft, review and negotiate contract documentation and agreements such as Confidentiality Agreements, Teaming Agreements, Letters of Intent, Frame Contracts, Change Notes, Standard Terms and MOUs, with both UK and overseas Customers, as well as with our supply chain partners.
- Contract Management experience
- Vendor Management experience
- Risk Management experience
- Previous exposure to import/export controls, ITAR and EAR
- Demonstrable prior experience in a similar position within the public and private sector:
- Accustomed to working with MoD stakeholders, Defence Primes, SMEs and Academia
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Proven team player
- Confident self-starter
- Willing to travel to support the needs of the business as and when required
- Numerate and strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
Desirable educational requirements and professional certifications:
- Business or Law degree
- CIPS and IACCM membership
About my Client
My client is a professional services and technology partner to global, defence, energy, space and intelligence & communications programmes.
Because of their forward-thinking teams, mission-critical equipment operates effectively in the world’s most challenging environments. Whether sharing innovative solutions or manufacturing advanced systems, absolute trust is core to all they do. In addition to their Group head office made up of support roles, they also have two core business streams which are:
- Technology & Engineering. Design, deliver and support high-integrity systems from our facilities in Portsmouth, Manchester and Melksham. Engineering teams apply advanced techniques to produce solutions for their customers which can be relied upon for long service life, in difficult or dangerous environments. These include: atmosphere control systems for nuclear submarines and thermal management systems for chemical processing and energy industries.
- Consulting and Programme Services (CaPS). Provide through life services to enable their clients to manage the evolution of their own systems and services, in their own domain. Leveraging their long heritage of experience of designing, delivering and supporting safety, mission and business critical systems, they provide individuals with domain leading knowledge, skills and experience who can work within client teams or take full responsibility for the delivery of outcomes.
People make them the successful company they are and have a TEAM culture. These values are:
- Achieve together
- Embrace responsibility
- Strive for excellence
- Build unity
- Challenge ourselves
- Have integrity in all we do
Company benefits include:
- 25 days’ holiday
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company. To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency