Evodia Consulting is looking for a Business Analyst to work on a task in Manchester. This is a 5-6 month contract, with a maximum day rate of £400 outside IR35.
You will map existing processes to agreed levels, as well as performing process analysis to identify opportunities for productivity gains and cost saving.
Who you will work with
Digital Services is a team of c. 60 digital professionals that design, develop and maintain NICE’s portfolio of digital services including the NICE website, Pathways and NICE Evidence Services.
The specialist will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team within digital services and will work closely with other teams within NICE as part of the process analysis activity.
What you will do
- Produce a suite of models detailing as-is business processes and interdependencies.
- Link process models to data flows and data models.
- Support the development of a process architecture.
- Identify and document as-is process pain points and opportunities for efficiencies and cost saving.
- Capture processes measures and identify instances where measures are lacking.
- Where applicable conduct time and motion, value-stream mapping or other appropriate exercises.
- Transfer knowledge to in-house business analysts.
- Identify resources and measurement units for use in running process model simulations using software.
- Report and present findings to senior stakeholders.
Skills and Experience Required
Essential skills and experience
- Experience of observing users to map as-is activities and processes including linked relationships.
- Experience of identifying where and how processes/activities can be transformed and/or automated to create business efficiencies such as saving cost and increasing productivity.
- Experience of identifying bottlenecks, delays, manual overhead and the root causes of why activities/processes are not as efficient and lean as they could be.
- Experience of considering the 'big picture' across multiple processes and activities and identifying what can be standardised, consolidated, removed etc.
- Experience of conducting baseline process measurements such as time and motion studies, value-stream mapping and/or other relevant approaches.
- Experience conducting process analysis using the BPMN 2.0 modelling standard
- Ability to communicate and build rapport with staff at all levels.
- Ability to model processes to visually articulate tasks and activities.
- Ability to use a value/outcomes-based focus in their work.
- Ability to listen and paraphrase or summarise stakeholder views.
- Ability to think critically and identify assumptions and ask challenging questions with an unbiased approach.
- Ability to use and apply industry standard process modelling software appropriately.