Evodia Consulting is looking for an Atlassian Product Technical Specialist to work on a task in Swansea. Subsequent report writing can be done on-site or remotely but you will need to be available on-site for any review or presentation of their report. This is a 1 month contract with a potential further 1 month option, and has a day rate of £800 outside IR35.
Investigating DVLA implementation and use of Atlassian products (e.g. Confluence and JIRA) and associated plugins to ascertain whether best practice is being adhered to in terms of the data processed, controls implemented and compliance with licensing and T&Cs, producing a written report on findings, risks identified and recommendations.
Who you will work with
Working with the Information Assurance Group (IAG) the consultant will need to engage stakeholders within the business in order to interrogate existing practices and systems.
What you will do
DVLA would like to engage a consultant Subject Matter Expert in order to understand whether the DVLA implementation and use of the Atlassian suite (particularly Confluence and JIRA) and any plug ins is in line with best practice and that the controls employed ensure compliance with any applicable internal policies, the Government Security Classification Policy, the Data Protection Act 2018 and general best practice.
The work is anticipated to involve:
- Review the access controls to ensure sensitive data in particular but information / data generally is appropriately protected and available on a need to know basis;
- To review the hosting and determine whether on-site or cloud deployment has any specific implications, benefits or risks and whether the current arrangements provide the best balance;
- Review the way it is used and any key process work flowing to determine whether use is consistent across the organisation and whether it meets best practice and policies;
- Review the amount and type of data being processed and stored in our Atlassian products along with any automated or manual processes to delete such information;
- Consider whether DVLA has appropriate licencing agreements in place and is compliant with the licensing and general T&Cs for the use of the product;
- To assure whether any necessary or appropriate support arrangements are in place;
- Establish accountability and ownership for the tool is in place and is understood; and
- Produce a written report to detail the above information outlining recommendations and risks determined by the investigations.
Skills and Experience Required
Essential skills and experience
- Experience of implementing Atlassian products (particularly Confluence and JIRA) and plug ins along with best practices.
- Knowledge of best practice of implementing Atlassian products and associated plug ins
- Evidential experience of delivering reports / presentations on the implementation of Atlassian products in large organisations
- Knowledge of and ability to interrogate any respective licencing and contractual terms and conditions
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Understanding of GDPR and Data Protection Law
- Understanding of the Government Classification Scheme to understand data value and government guidance on handling data